Re: F39 Change Proposal: Build JDKs once, repack everywhere (System-Wide) - Proposal Addendum

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 10:14:31AM -0700, Tom Stellard wrote:
> On 6/29/23 09:52, Jiri Vanek wrote:
> > Hi Tom!
> >
> > Thanx a lot of for input. Although I did my bes with the tagging, it
> > will be learning on the go.
> > I had adapted https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BuildJdkOncePackEverywhere#theoretical_tagging_solution
> > as you suggested. It is great improvement.
> >

> Thanks, this looks better.
>
> For step 5. should the first mention of java-xy-openjdk-portable actually
> be java-xy-openjdk ?  Same question for step 7.

I don't think the fixed sidetag idea will work. (Unless you are planning
on doing something different with rawhide).

Bodhi won't let you make an update from a non sidetag tag, so you would
have to tag them into fN-updates-candidate, but then they would go one
by one into rawhide and not be tested/gated as a unit.

But of course we could do fixed tags for stable releases and have a
sidetag flow for rawhide, but that might make things more confusing.

kevin