Re: UW-IMAP

Hi,

> Am 29.06.2023 um 16:27 schrieb David Both <LinuxGeek46@xxxxxxxx>:

> I also spent about 4 days trying to get Dovecot to work with SendMail in
> a test VM setup. I'm either missing one or more important bits or its
> just too complex for me. None of the docs I have found anywhere has a
> complete start-to-finish picture. I find no accurate list of here's
> exactly what needs to be in place and configured in this way to make it
> work. The docs I find are incomplete because they assume much about my
> knowledge or just skip parts that are needed. Others are just plain
> wrong after trying them.

Just in case you decide for dovecot (which would be preferable, IMHO), I could contribute a step-by-step guide to create a workable configuration of dovecot (it is Part of a solution for a rather full-fledged mail service). However, the instructions use Postfix, not Sendmail. But because the connection runs via milter, the replacement with Sendmail should not be a difficult.

At the moment everything is (still) in German. But I have to translate it anyway, because I want to create a tutorial for Fedora Server from it.

> [1] http://www.both.org/?page_id=1183

What a coincidence, actually found this in my ePub library (though still unread, sorry :-) ).

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST /UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
Java developer and enthusiast