Re: CentOS Stream, RHEL, and Fedora [was Re: What is Fedora?]

On Sat, Jun 24, 2023 at 6:36 PM Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Once upon a time, Aleksandra Fedorova <alpha@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> When you build a package in CentOS Koji it gets into c9s-gate tag [1].
> These packages are publicly available and if you'd like to use or test them
> before their RHEL part passed the internal RHEL QE, you can do that.
>
> https://kojihub.stream.centos.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=2

That's not available as a repo though AFAIK.

Afaiu the use case we are discussing looks like:
there is a CVE fix which you want to land in CentOS Stream as fast as possible. And that specific fix may be delayed because RHEL QE takes time and has to deal with their own priorities.

So the fix is known, there is BZ for it and the merge request for it is also known and merged. The package is built, it is available in koji, but it sits in -gate tag and is not promoted to the -pending( which means compose, buildroot and mirrors) because it waits on RHEL QE.

In this case you don't need a repo, you need just this specific build to apply it on your environment, isn't it?

It is not that creation of repositories is not possible. I just think that having a repo with all of the content of -gate tag wouldn't help here. Especially since -gate tag contains also builds which failed the gating tests and therefore are not expected to be promoted ever.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar