Re: What is Fedora?

There are mirrors online that you can pull from as well if you dont have an account or know someone who has an account.  Or you can create a dev account with a throw away email to get the ISOs.  I'll happily download any ISO you want. :P
I know several people that their dev account is linked with their personal gmail account, but I havent created a new dev account in a while so IDK if they filter for domains.
Red Hat has even released instructions on how you can run your own mirror.  I believe you do need a RH login to access those instructions.  https://access.redhat.com/solutions/23016

Example sources:
https://archive.org/details/rhel-baseos-9.1-x86_64-dvd_202212
http://calipso.linux.it.umich.edu/pulp/isos/UM/Library/content/dist/rhel8/8/x86_64/baseos/iso/

If you're concerned about getting an ISO from anywhere other than RedHat.com, then I'd suggest you sign up for a free account with a fresh email account that is only used for your RH account.

At the end of the day, the source will always be available in some form, Red Hat cannot violate the GPL without opening itself up to massive lawsuits.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 5:27 PM Philip Wyett <philip.wyett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2023-06-21 at 17:18 -0400, JT wrote:

> >  How are you downloading RHEL ISO images?
>
> I already sent you the URL in a prior response:
> https://developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download
>
> >  Please do not tell me to take a deep breath and relax. Show some respect.
>
> I am being respectful, I've been trying to explain to you that this isn't anything to get
> stressed out over. I've calmly addressed the questions you've raised.
> What you are worried about is not possible because of the legal requirements of the GPL which Red
> Hat has accepted by using GPL licensed code.
>
> You're stressing out over a non issue... you dont need to stress over this... aka... you can
> relax... it's going to be ok.
>
> If me addressing your concerns and telling you that you dont need to worry is disrespectful...
> well... I'm sorry that you think I'm being disrespectful.  I'm trying to make you feel better by
> explaining that you dont need to be worried.

I did say I tried this, but nobody is listening...

Attached:

One mage saying Download/Signup

One image when you click on download at no cost and you need to login or create an account.

Beauty of using clean VM's

Regards

Phil

--
*** Playing the game for the games own sake. ***

Associations:

* Debian Maintainer (DM)
* Fedora/EPEL Maintainer.
* Contributor member of the AlmaLinux foundation.

WWW: https://kathenas.org

Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/kathenasorg

Twitter: @kathenasorg

Instagram: @kathenasorg