Re: Are we ready for ipv6-mostly networks?

Thought:
(disclaimer: I don't know much about networking)
IPv4 addresses are in some cases 'human readable' / 'human usable' /
'human friendly'.

How can one set up a temporary network of several devices for a LAN
party or any similar connecting application use cases?
>From my own experience, the vast majority of people have no idea that
when one tells you "write in: ten zero zero eight", they have to put
dots in between. Because they have no idea what IP address is and how
it's formatted.

I can't imagine I would say this out loud to even a tech experienced
person and they would get it right the first time.
1a01:4204:b07d:af00:21c6:542a:611:73ea

Not mentioning all the times I need to connect devices in many rooms
across several floors in the whole building.

Is there any easy way to keep exchanging the IP address 'human usable' ?

--

Michal Schorm
Software Engineer