Re: more distinct default bash prompt?

In my experience, “colorblindness” is generally understood to include a range of color vision “anomalies.” I have the most common form, deuteranomaly. Green does not look as bright as other colors to me, and I have a hard time distinguishing greenish colors from reddish colors when they are desaturated (like greenish-brown versus reddish-brown), or when looking at fine points or lines rather than large areas of color. I can still easily distinguish bright green from bright red, even in a small area, but it’s very difficult to distinguish a small amber LED from a green one.

It’s best to avoid using color to communicate essential information with no backup mechanism; to use something like the contrast ratio formulas from WCAG 2.2 to ensure adjacent colors contrast sufficiently in luminance and not only in hue; and to particularly avoid contrasting colors that are both reddish or greenish when possible, since these are the most troublesome for the largest number of people.