Re: How to drop 32bit support from the scientific Python stack

On 05. 05. 23 18:19, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 12:15:31PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 04. 05. 23 23:58, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 11:44:33PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 04. 05. 23 23:40, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 04:03:49PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hello folks,
...snip...
Would that be possible?
I don't think it currently is... but sounds like a reasonable RFE to
koji to me.

The way koji handles noarch packages is that it builds them on all
arches, checks to make sure they are all the same and just picks one to
be the 'output' build.
This is true for noarch subpackages of arched packages.

For fully noarch packages, it just builds them on one architecture.
Yep. You are correct, sorry for confusing the issue there.

I still think it could be something that koji would let us do.

When Koji triggers a noarch build job, it somehow knows it can select *any*
builder we have. Is this a matter of our configuration or upstream code?

As far as I can tell, upstream. I could be missing something, but I
think noarch tasks just get the 'default' channel and any builder from
any arch thats in it.

E.g. do I need to file an issue at pagure.io/koji or infra or releng?

Upstream pagure.io/koji. If I am missing something and we can do it in
config they should be able to tell us. ;)

-> https://pagure.io/koji/issue/3809

--
Miro Hrončok