Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 08:15:28AM -0400, Solomon Peachy via devel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 10:47:15AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Our discourse instance is hosted for us by discourse.
> > We shouldn't have to do maint on it, but we will have to do moderation,
> > etc.
>
> So... if maintaining discourse is too much overhead but it's okay to pay
> someone else to handle, why can't that be done for our mailing list
> infrastructure too?  Even if that service offering is proprietary?
> (hosted enterprise gitlab, anyone?)

We could, but as I have mentioned a number of times... it's not about
_our mailing lists_ it's about mailing lists in general.

Also, as Matthew mentioned somewhere in this megathread, it's actually a
difficult process to add a new vendor at Red Hat.

> And, for that matter, what of the other services currently
> owned/hosted/maintained under the RH/Fedora roof?  (For example, we're
> going to be having this conversation again in the not-so-distant future
> once RH finishes switching over to Jira and stops funding our Bugzilla
> instance's upkeep..)

Yep, someday I think we will. There is currently no plan I know about to
retire bugzilla, but there could well be someday.

kevin