Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

Kevin Kofler via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
>
>> Stephen Smoogen wrote:
>>> So let us say it is voted on and the answer is keep the mailing lists.
>>> What are the next steps to fixing the mail system which is held together
>>> by duct-tape and bailing wire?
>> [etc.]
>>
>> Thanks for confirming that the decision was actually already made
>> elsewhere and that this whole RFC thread is just a farce. Looks like "I
>> propose" in the original post should really read as "I dictate".
>
> PS: The process that Stephen describes reminds me of those rent sharks that
> deliberately let their beautiful old historical houses rot until they fall
> apart so badly that the rent sharks are allowed to tear them down and build
> some ugly new concrete box with unaffordable apartments in their place.

This seems ... disrespectful at best ... toward the people who put their
time into keeping the existing email setup working.  It seems like a way
to make them throw up their hands and find a more rewarding way to spend
their time, thus accelerating the demise of this mailing list.

As I've said before, I don't welcome a transition to a siloed web forum
at all.  But one should not discount the costs of keeping an independent
email system working on today's net.  It's *not* fun.

Thanks,

jon