Re: Fwd: The new version of Fedora Messaging Notifications will arrive this week

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:46 PM Aurelien Bompard
<abompard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So ... what happens when the switch to the "new" Notifications app
> > happens? Are the same "defaults" that are configured for the IRC
> > delivery mechanism in the "old" Notifications app applied to all
> > users, or does everybody start with a "blank slate", i.e. will I need
> > to manually create new filters to keep getting the same notifications
> > I currently get?
>
> Everybody starts with a blank slate. We thought it was preferrable to having users suddenly get notifications they didn't expect.

Ok ... well, that kind of makes sense. If you can't migrate
configuration, better not do something unexpected.
I'm still a bit confused what I need to do though: It looks like
notifications-old is still running, as I continue to get IRC
notifications from it ...

- How long are the old and new services expected to continue running
in parallel?
- If I start adding rules for IRC notifications in notifications-new,
will I get duplicate notifications unless I remove the corresponding
filters from notifications-old?
- Do I need to keep rules for services that aren't supported by
notifications-new in notifications-old if I want to continue getting
notifications for those services?

Fabio