Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

Matthew Miller wrote:
> I propose that we transition devel list, and eventually most of our
> mailing lists, to Fedora Discussion (our Discourse-powered forum).

You are 19 days late for April Fools!

Discourse is an absolute pain in the neck because it not only requires
JavaScript to be able to participate (the fallback version is read-only),
but that JavaScript requires the very latest Chromium or Firefox to work at
all. Maintained LTS branches such as QtWebEngine 5.15 LTS are NOT supported
and get only the read-only no-JS fallback view:
https://discuss.kde.org/t/discuss-kde-org-cannot-be-accessed-by-konqueror/548

Discourse also does NOT cover the use cases of mailing lists. E-mail
notification is just that, notification. Everything still happens on the
JavaScript site. And Discourse does NOT support NNTP access, which is the
most practical way to interact with a high-volume mailing list such as this
one. I am writing this post through the Gmane NNTP gateway using KNode, and
I am also using that to read the threads.

As a result, I consider your proposal absolutely unacceptable.

        Kevin Kofler