Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

Il 20/04/23 23:20, Matthew Miller ha scritto:
> It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fedora Project Leader

I've tried to follow up all the replies this post has caused, but it
takes time to read in a foreign language and there are simply too many
posts to read them all, so I'll just go and give you some thoughts that
may have already been written by someone else.

- I'm not enthusiast of being forced to open a web browser to be noticed
about new posts. I'm aware there's a "mailing list" mode, but it's not
clear if it's perfectly usable or would be sub-optimal. I think it needs
to be tested.

- I'm also skeptical about having all mailing lists under one Discourse
category (I suppose it will be "Project Discussions") and use tags to
filter them. I think an high volume list such as devel should gone under
it's own category. Maybe for other low volumes lists which are specific
to groups or aspects can use the "tags" categorization.

- Another problem is that there are already too many tags available and
the tag description is not visible in the post submit form. I think a
new user would be confused what tag to use. I'm confused too, but that's
probably just me...

- The Discourse Android app is no use. So, again, browser on mobile or
mailing list mode.

Mattia