Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

How dare you - I'm glad you did :)

Even though I'm a "mail/mailing list guy" using TUI MUAs, I found myself turning delivery off on many high volume MLs where the volume does not correspond to my contributor's frequency. I even read fedora-devel via hyperkitty's web interface, which is really suboptimal. So I see both the value and the problem with MLs. A different transport like public-inbox may help me but not many others.

In any case, we have quite a fragmentation right now with the MLs, forum (discourse), IRC, Matrix, plus tickets on various platforms (bz, dist-git, pagure, gitlab) some of which offer teams and discussions, too. Choice is good, fragmentation is not because it makes it hard to know:
- Where can I reach whom?
- Where can I discuss what?

So I'm really all for reducing that fragmentation, and it can be made to work as a community decision only (community discussion that you started, whatever committee's decision). Ideally, we reduce the platforms to a few which still allow choices about how to participate (clickery vs tui, poll vs push/notify). More technically oriented folks will be more capable to adapt technically (than "pure users") but less willing to communicate by clicking around in a web browser. A platform analysis in this regard could support that.