Re: Status of AVIF support in Fedora

Hi there,

On 2023-03-19 08:14, Sandro wrote:
Dominik, since you picked up the RPMFusion package, which conflicts with the new Fedora package, could you bring me up to speed what needs (is planned to) happen with the RPMFusion package
The Fedora packaged libheif came through as a stable update yesterday, replaced the RPMFusion one and broke my ability to work with any HEIC encoded images with no way of installing a version that works from RPMFusion.

I understand that RPMFusion is not an officially supported or endorsed repository. Given that there seems to have been at least some effort in trying to coordinate this I was wondering if it was intentional to move forward without having fully coordinated an RPMFusion split-package scenario?

Regards,
Felix