Re: libindi upgrade to 2.0.0 and soname bump

> Il 04/02/23 18:41, Mattia Verga ha scritto:
> So, I've built libindi 2.0.0 under f39-build-side-63222.
>
> I'm building indi-3rdparty-libraries and indi-3rdparty-drivers 2.0.0 now
> and I'll take care of building phd2 from the latest git snapshot which
> was fixed to be compatible with libindi 2.0.0.
>
> The remaining software that need to be rebuild are:
>
> - kstars (needs to be upgraded to 3.6.3, I've verified in COPR that the
> new version fixes compatibility with libindi 2)
> - stellarium (we need to wait for a fix from upstream, see
> https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/3038 )
>
> To the kstars maintainers: I can take care to upgrade the package, if
> you want (it's just a simple version bump and upload new sources).
>
> To the stellarium maintainers: I will wait for a patch from upstream
> before pushing the side-tag (I hope before it expires).

Update on this: kstars has been updated and built in the side tag. The only package which remain to be fixed for libindi 2.0 is stellarium, but it seems that upstream is taking much longer than I thought to look at this.

As I don't want to let the side-tag expire, I'll probably push it to Rawhide in the next few days. I'll then take care of the FTI/FTB ticket on stellarium by monitoring upstream and applying any patch (or upgrading the package). Obviously, I will not push anything to F38 until all packages are fixed.

Mattia