Re: libindi upgrade to 2.0.0 and soname bump

Il 04/02/23 18:41, Mattia Verga ha scritto:
> Hello folks,
>
> in a week or so (after f38 branch) I plan to upgrade libindi core (AKA
> indilib), indi-3rdparty-libraries and indi-3rdparty-drivers to 2.0.0.
> This will make the soname bump to 2 and will need the two dependent
> packages, kstars and stellarium, to be upgraded to be compatible with it.
>
> At a first glance, kstars should already be compatible with INDI2 by
> upgrading to 3.6.3, at least. Stellarium, however, doesn't seem to have
> been fixed yet.
>
> I will announce here the side-tag used for INDI2. Meanwhile, I've set up
> a COPR repository at [1] to play with kstars and stellarium build
> failures. As my time permits, I'll try to build there kstars 3.6.3 and
> I'll get in touch with upstream stellarium to try to find a quick fix
> for that.
>
> Have a nice weekend
> Mattia
>
> [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mattia/INDI2-test/

So, I've built libindi 2.0.0 under f39-build-side-63222.

I'm building indi-3rdparty-libraries and indi-3rdparty-drivers 2.0.0 now
and I'll take care of building phd2 from the latest git snapshot which
was fixed to be compatible with libindi 2.0.0.

The remaining software that need to be rebuild are:

- kstars (needs to be upgraded to 3.6.3, I've verified in COPR that the
new version fixes compatibility with libindi 2)
- stellarium (we need to wait for a fix from upstream, see
https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/3038 )

To the kstars maintainers: I can take care to upgrade the package, if
you want (it's just a simple version bump and upload new sources).

To the stellarium maintainers: I will wait for a patch from upstream
before pushing the side-tag (I hope before it expires).

To both kstars and stellarium maintainers: if possible, I'd like the
upgrades to land in f38 also, let me know.

Mattia