Re: download directory

Paul W. Frields wrote:

Hi

I would like to propose a couple of changes to the way download directories are organised currently

* Move boot.iso image to ISO folder. Many users do not look into os/images and are unaware that a net installation method exists.

s/Move/Copy/ would make this work better for folks who do use it
regularly from its current location.
Symlink then.

* Move Source ISO images into a different directory. Mirrors can choose not to copy them. Many new users end up downloading this instead of the binary ISO images

Do you have numbers to support the claim of "many" here?  ;-)
No. Not exact numbers but if you sit on #fedora on freenode especially on new releases you can find a considerably large people doing this mistake. Search in fedoraforum.org or in fedora-list for other instances. I appreciate the work being done on the installation guide but end users often (dont ask me how often ;-) ) dont read them. a README does sound like a good idea neverthless but the proposal to move the source images into a different directory has the purpose of making mirroring easier for those who want to skip them assuming that the large majority of end users dont require it

regards
Rahul