Re: FTBFS bug filed, build already deleted

On Wed, 22 Feb 2023, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:

Julian Sikorski wrote:
FTBFS bug was filed against mame [1]. Unfortunately, the corresponding
build [2] has already been deleted. This is not ideal from maintainer
perspective as it effectively is a bug with no info provided whatsoever.
Not to mention being quite wasteful from the resources perspective as
mame builds take quite a while.
While not much can be done now, can we make sure that the mass rebuild
builds do not get garbage collected, or at least the build logs are
saved somewhere? Thanks.

This is a constantly recurring problem. I have run into this very
frequently. The retention period for failed build logs is way too short. It
needs to be at least 13 months (the approximate time we get to fix an FTBFS
bug before the package is retired).

I have to agree here. There is nothing more frustrating as a contributor than going to investigate a FTBFS for a package and finding the logs are gone.

At the very least, the 'latest' failure logs should be retained for much longer.

Scott