Re: Feedback wanted for a proposed improvement to RPM's ELF dependency generator

As there is some discussion of whether the ELF dependency generator should use the full version string presented by the library file name's suffix, or should assume a SemVer-style major.minor and truncate the requirement to the first two dot-separated numbers, questions about rpminspect come to mind:

I see that rpminspect is run in Fedora CI for updates.  For example, libnghttp2:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-888dfc8170
https://artifacts.dev.testing-farm.io/627326f9-7f83-4d0b-aca0-68c50c5e9b09/

Looking at this result, I think I see one bug and one RFE.

First, the bug.  From these results, it looks like rpminspect is only comparing the primary package to the old build.  I do see a result for the package "nghttp2", but I don't see an rpminspect result for "libnghttp2".  Are sub-packages not tested, or are the results simply not exposed?  (Or am I simply missing the path to find them?)

Second, the RFE: I am assuming that this test raises an error if abidiff reports a breaking change between two packages (either a bumped soname, or a removed or changed symbol without an soname bump.)  In order to make the ELF dependency generator reliable if it truncates versions to a major.minor style version, would it be possible for the tooling to detect a backward-compatible change (a new symbol) that didn't also increment the major.minor version?

Should I report those in bugzilla, and if so, against what component?