Re: SIG status, visibility, etc. [Re: Risc-V SIG?

> I am big fan of using FAS for SIG membership:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Ruby#Members
>
> Not that we would did some cleanup of that group, but in theory, the
> inactive members could be removed easier then just editing some random
> wiki page.

I am sure that maintaining members of a SIG by FAS (Fedora account
system) is convenient and effective when giving the permission to do
"git push" to the necessary dist-git repositories related to the SIG.
It's especially convenient for a matured SIG which has a broad
ecosystem of packages like Ruby SIG. I don't intend to deny the
current operations.

> If anyone is interested in tackling this, I'd love to hear your thoughts
(either now, or save them up for when we get to planning the details of that
part of the strategy).

I remember how I started to engage (deal) with special interest groups
in Reddit. I think Fedora might be inspired by Reddit. I think Reddit
is a collection of special interest groups. Users connect by their
interesting themes. Once a user creates an account in Reddit, joining
or leaving a group is easy, just clicking the "Join" or "Leave"
button. Admins of the groups don't need to manage the list of the
members. I remember my engagement started just by asking a question or
commenting on someone's question. So, why did I want to ask a question
on Reddit? Because the topic to ask questions is very niche, and I
didn't know any other places to ask questions casually.

In the case of the early phase of the SIGs, perhaps we can simplify
the process to join the places (groups) to ask questions for a
specific themes/topics.

My proposal is to create categories for SIGs on Fedora Discussion if they want.
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/

Jun

--
Jun | He - Him | Timezone: UTC+1 or 2, Czech Republic
See <https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/czech-republic-prague-to-utc> for