Converting package from arch to noarch

We are considering making pcs a noarch package because we will no longer compile bundled dependencies in Fedora. We found this issue about switching a package from noarch to arch: https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issue/117

So, adding Obsoletes of all our arched versions should be enough? I couldn't find any guidance for this change in the Fedora packaging guidelines. And if at any point in the future we decide to go back to arch, then we can just change the Obsoletes to the versions that were noarch, right?

And what about RHEL? We are bundling rubygems for RHEL since they aren't packaged there, so what happens when RHEL is branched from Fedora ELN? We cannot make the package noarch in RHEL, so will it suffice to resolve it in the first RHEL 10 build?

Thanks for your input,
Michal
--

MICHAL POSPISIL