Re: Inactive packager check for F38

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 08:25, Stephen Smoogen <ssmoogen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2023 at 05:56, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 02:02:54PM -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
> In accordance with FESCo's Inactive Packager Policy[1], packagers that
> have been identified as inactive have a ticket in the
> find-inactive-packagers repo[2]. One week after the final release,
> packagers who remain inactive will be removed from the packager group.
> (Note that pagure.io is one of the systems checked for activity, so
> commenting on your ticket that you're still around will prevent you
> from showing up in the second round.)
>
> If you have suggestions for improvement, look for the open feature
> issues[3] and file an issue in the find-inactive-packagers repo[4] if
> it's not there already.

Just an FYI, I was talking to armbru about this ticket:

https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issue/1181

Although he does not mind losing packager status, he does say that he
did not receive any email to the @redhat.com address about this
ticket.

It may be that the email was lost in a filter as somtimes happens.
But maybe we're not sending out emails to the packagers?

So this may be a problem with how pagure recognizes 'users' it can expand with @. If you notice in that ticket the account is not 'blue' or highlighted. Contrast that with https://pagure.io/find-inactive-packagers/issue/1436 where gotmax23bot is expandable.

What this means is that the pagure database knows the link between gotmax23bot and an email address, but had no way of knowing armbru was an actual user. I believe the Pagure database does not automatically link @ with fas accounts so I expect we have a bunch of tickets which aren't useful.

OK looking through the tickets, most of the ones I clicked on did not have 'accounts' that the backing pagure.io thought were expandable. I believe another method is going to be needed to get in touch with these individuals.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. -- Ian MacClaren