Re: Retiring Bottles in favor of Flatpak provided by upstream

On Thu, Jan 26 2023 at 09:23:35 AM -0500, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But we know that people don't read those. We also know that ISVs
cannot generally be trusted with regards to the permissions they set
for their own apps. This is literally why Android and iOS changed
their model. If you want to encourage "upstream Flatpaks", you cannot
do this reasonably with a "trust-developer" mindset, because there is
no longer a check to keep them from doing stupid/malicious things.

I agree, but if we tighten the rules then these apps will just disappear. So I'm not sure what to do about it.