Re: Adding a Package to DNF (BeEF)

Hello, Josh.

On Thursday, 12 January 2023 at 06:34, josh crew wrote:
> Hi there, I want to ask about adding a package to DNF, if it would be
> accepted, how i may go about doing/helping with it.

To make a package available for installation with dnf from package
repositories provided by Fedora, the package needs to be submitted for
review and approved. The submitter must either be a Fedora package
maintainer already or become a maintainer. See:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Joining_the_Package_Maintainers/

> I'm not certain if this is the right mailing list to ask, it seemed so
> from looking at the ones listed below but please let me know if i'm
> mistaken:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicating_and_getting_help#Specific/Non_end-user_discussion_channels

It is. :)

> I help maintain BeEF and am trying to understand if more OS's would be
> interested in adding it as a default package, (like beef-xss in apt)

Is this the upstream project for the package? https://kiyuko.org/software/beef

I can't find "beef-xss" package in either Debian or Ubuntu repositories,
only "beef" and it points to the above URL as upstream.

> If anyone can direct me on where to inquire further, please let me know.

I hope the above helps. Let us know if you need any other pointers.

You can also try joining one of the live discussion channels on
IRC/Matrix, like #fedora-join, #fedora-mentors or #fedora-devel.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org