Re: FESCo revote on "Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer" Change proposal [was Re: Schedule for Tuesday's FESCo Meeting (2023-01-03)]

Am Montag, 9. Jänner 2023 20:10:53 CET schrieb Daniel P. Berrangé:
Holding a FESCo meeting and vote on the very first working day after
the long xmas / new year holiday is not exactly good timing if you
want contributors to be broadly aware it is happening[1]. I might
humbly suggest that next year, any important meetings that would
naturally fall in the 1st week, be postponed until the 2nd week
of Jan.
With regards,
Daniel

[1] Yes, I'm aware that not every part of the world will shutdown
    during the xmas/new year period, but a large enough part of
    our contributor base does that its worth taking into account

In fact, as I already mentioned, in Austria, this meeting happened *during* the school holidays and many companies' companywide holidays. E.g., at my employer, we resumed work today. It is commonplace here to have holidays until Epiphany, i.e., January 6, or even until the end of the week in which it falls. And this year, January 6 was a Friday, so even more places were on vacation until the end of the week.

       Kevin Kofler