Malicious communication (was: Re: Schedule for Tuesday's FESCo Meeting (2023-01-03))

On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 9:44 PM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> > PS: The impression I get is that everything was deliberately rigged so
> > that the vote would end up the way it did:
> >
> > 1. A new ticket was filed, in order to exclude the participants of the
> > previous discussion.
> > 2. The people watching the old ticket were NOT notified.
> > 3. The Tools Team was NOT notified.
> > 4. The proponents of the Change, on the other hand, WERE notified.
> >
> > So, with all of the above, the discussion participants were preselected to
> > only include people in favor of the change.
> >
> > 5. The ticket was filed in the middle of the holiday season. Many people
> > in Europe are on vacation until today.
> > 6. There was NO thread about the reopening of the discussion on the
> > mailing list. The first message that mentioned the issue on the mailing
> > list was "Schedule for Tuesday's FESCo Meeting (2023-01-03)" from
> > in contrast to the Change policy requiring at least a week between the
> > mailing list announcement and opening the FESCo ticket.
> > 7. Only 4 days had elapsed between the (unannounced) opening of the ticket
> > and the vote. This is clearly insufficient. The one week in the Change
> > policy that I cited above is designed as a minimum time for discussion.
> > 8. The change was approved only 2 weeks before the mass rebuild, leaving
> > little to no time to revert it in the contigency case.
> >
> > So, this ensured that whoever was deliberately NOT invited had no chance
> > to find out by themselves and intervene before it was too late.
> >
> > This strikes me as extremely intransparent and undemocratic.
>
> PPS: This is particularly striking when you consider that the same person
> who filed the new ticket and excluded one side from the discussion entirely
> was the one complaining just a month earlier about the OLD discussion:
>
> > Yes, but the other stakeholder I wanted there didn't even know it was on
> > the agenda yesterday, which meant we mostly heard only one side (the
> > toolchain people).
>
> See: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2817#comment-830204
>
> Complaining about something and then deliberately doing the same thing the
> other way round, way to go!

You ascribe malice where there is none. The reason I didn't link it in
the original ticket when I made that one was because I didn't think of
it. I don't have some evil plan or something like that as you
describe.

Moreover, your general attitude, tone, and verbiage is unnecessarily
negative. You're also acting like a hypocrite.

I'm extremely tired of how you communicate on this mailing list. I've
been quiet about it for years and years. But people leave Fedora
because of you. Once again, I'm having discussions with people trying
to convince them Fedora isn't a bad place because of you.

You need to sit back and reflect on yourself. Go get some help on
improving your communication or something. If Linus Torvalds can
become a better person and shake off his reputation for tearing people
down, you can change and become a more constructive communicator.

Too many people give you leeway because you're not considered a native
English speaker. You know what? I've met far too many better
communicators who have English as a second, third, or even fourth
language.

There are only three other people in Fedora that give me similar
heartburn, and you should not be in that camp.

Please, for everyone's sake, do something to improve yourself.