Re: TeXLive 2022 landing in rawhide today

On Wed, Jan 4 2023 at 11:46:26 PM -0500, Tom Callaway <spotrh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Despite the size, I don't think TL updates have ever gone through that process before. Not opposed to doing it though, do we need to revert those builds from rawhide?

Seems excessive to use the change process for "Update component to new version." GNOME and KDE don't do that because writing a change proposal is a bunch of extra work and there's not a ton of value from it. Cases where we do this (e.g. Boost, python, GCC/toolchain) are more exceptions rather than the rule, where the package maintainers think it's especially useful to have broader coordination and awareness.

Michael