Re: F38 proposal: Rpmautospec by Default (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 11:17 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 31. 12. 22 15:07, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> As they are the most prominent downstream we have, I would like this
> >> resolved before changing Fedora's defaults.
> >>
> >> At the time we branched from Fedora Linux 34, there were very few
> >> packages using rpmautospec and I don't think any that were kept used
> >> rpmautospec. Now it is very obvious it would be a problem, so I would
> >> like that fixed first. CentOS and RHEL infrastructure needs to account
> >> for it properly and not gut the Git history.
> >
> > We can look into it, but at the moment this is unlikely to change on
> > the CentOS Stream/RHEL side.
>
> Are the packages imported on SRPM level with the changelogs rendered?

They are not. It's done using distrobaker[1], which syncs Git content
and lookaside data.

Example commit:
https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/rpms/pipewire/-/commit/67142e715ecacbf1c94c4d6f8000ef113c1e7c92

[1]: https://github.com/fedora-eln/distrobaker