Re: F38 proposal: Add Fedora Auto Firstboot Services to desktop variants (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Fri, 2022-12-09 at 13:23 +0000, Timothée Ravier wrote:
> Sorry I'm late here but while I agree with the idea, I don't think
> the implementation is done at the right level.
>
> As currently implemented, this will likely fail as the network won't
> be available / ready:
> https://pagure.io/fedora-autofirstboot/blob/main/f/systemd/fedora-autofirstboot.service
IIRC that was the issue we hit when we investigated the idea to do
package updates or adding language packs in the target system chroot
after the Live iso base layer has been rsynced to the disk.

There might not be any network conectivity at this point, as the live
image is by default offline capable and thus does not require the user
to setup networking before starting the installation.