Re: SPDX Statistics

Dne 01. 12. 22 v 16:43 Tomasz Torcz napsal(a):
 What does this warning mean?
ladvd warning: valid as old and new and no changelong entry, please check

Hmm, let me look. The ladvd license is ICS

  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ladvd/blob/rawhide/f/ladvd.spec#_10

and both

  license-validate 'ISC'

and

 license-validate --old 'ISC'

validate it. I.e. this license is valid as both Callaway **and** SPDX identifier.

It very often happens that the old Callaway id was identifier for the whole family of SPDX licenses (see MIT license case).

I cannot guess if you investigated whether the old id is valid as the new one too **and** it reflect the same license. Or you still did not check it at all and the tag simply describe the old Callaway license id - and the validity using spdx rules are pure coincidence.

If you checked that it actually match the SPDX license, then I recommend to put in a changelog (or even dist-git commit) a line

- migrated to spdx license

or

- checked that license match spdx identifier

In my script, I actually just check /spdx/i existence in the log.

Miroslav