Re: Orphaned a lot of (mostly) Go packages owned by @fpokorny

Dne 23. 11. 22 v 21:05 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 05:44:01PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
The mitigation/successor strategy is to have comaintainers for every
package.

Unfortunately our tools enforce the notion of a "main admin" and
if that person leaves that role has to be given to another
comaintainer explicitly.

I don't disagree about the "main admin" think, but I think we've already been there. I remember that the unresponsive policy worked in a way that when the main contact was not responsive, the package was given to second co-maintainer in alphabetical order. And I can tell you this was frustrating having my user name starting with 'v'. And frustrating driving the unresponsive maintainer process just having the package given to another inactive maintainer.

Vít

Thats due to bugzilla really. bugzilla only supports assigning a bug to
1 account. ;(

IMHO we would be better off eliminating the notion of 'main admin'
entirely and have all co-maintainers be at the equal level, so there
is no need for a dance to give packages to comaintainers. There
should only be manual action needed if the last comaintainer quits.
+100

A workaround for the 'main admin' problem is to have a robot account
as the 'main admin' and all the real people as merely 'admin', so
the main admin never leaves, but that's a bit tedious to setup.
I agree, but it would be a good deal of work to switch to.

I'd definitely like to do this when/if we move away from bugzilla.

kevin