Re: Direct to stable updates

Il 10/11/22 01:58, Kevin Kofler via devel ha scritto:
> Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
>
>> Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
>>> with the current workflow, Bodhi doesn't know when a release is freezed.
>>> There is support for a "Freeze" state, but it was never used.
>> How do we prevent then that pushes to stable actually move forward? If
>> rel- eng just hits a different button / runs a different script to push
>> testing only instead of both testing and stable, that is the "can we push
>> to stable?" property Bodhi needs to check.
> PS: The "worst mistake" that can happen then is that if we push only testing
> to a non-frozen release for whatever reason, the update will be included in
> that testing push, and then move forward to stable in the next stable push.
> I do not see this as a real issue.

I'm working on fixing some bits in Bodhi before proposing to releng the
use of the 'frozen' release state. That will enable Bodhi to avoid
pushing updates directly to stable if the release is frozen, as well as
some small tweaks that were requested and would make life easier for
releng folks. It shouldn't be too hard, it's just that Bodhi code is
sometimes so contorted that by making a simple change it's easy to break
something else... moving updates from one state to another and tagging
builds in the correct way without losing the right track is one of those
contorted part.

Mattia