Re: Help understanding Fedora CI failure wrt RPM Sequoia

On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 13:32 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> But I don't know the slightest thing about ansible, beyond a very rough
> idea of what kind of tool it is. Just understanding what exactly it's
> trying to do here would go a long way, I think. But either it's not in
> the logs, or I don't know how to read them.

well, to expand on my previous answer, it gets a bit interesting. At
this point in the process the CI system has installed the packages to
be tested and verified that they're installed, which implies RPM does
at least basically work or else that would have failed. you can see
this in these logs:

https://artifacts.dev.testing-farm.io/700d486d-d409-44fe-b7c3-01634243558e/guest-setup-554c73be-c472-4007-9f14-23eea462c69d/artifact-installation-554c73be-c472-4007-9f14-23eea462c69d/

then it hands off to ansible to actually 'run the tests', and that's
when the error happens. I believe it happens here in ansible's code:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/lib/ansible/modules/dnf.py#L1366

so that may help you figure it out. I'd look further but I have to run
out right now...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA