Re: c99-port branches in dist-git

* Miro Hrončok:

> On 19. 10. 22 17:24, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

>>> So you only plan to trigger COPR builds from these branches, but not
>>> any koji builds? If that is the case, you might want to create and
>>> push these branches only in forks, not in the "official" dist-git
>>> repos (COPR can build from both). Otherwise the branches might need to
>>> stick around "forever".
>> I think we changed the policy to allow removal of branches which
>> don't have
>> any commits not reachable from other branches from which no koji builds have
>> been made (https://pagure.io/releng/blob/main/f/scripts/distgit-branch-unused.py).
>
> The policy was created to allow undoing accidental pushes, not to
> encourage branching like this.
>
> I'm with Fabio. If it's for Copr only, please use a fork.

It wasn't intended to use COPR originally, it's just that Fedora releng
ignored my request for close to a year.

I filed <https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11102> for the branch removals.

I must say this is quite confusing.  Why offer self-service branch
creation at all if we aren't supposed to use it in general?

What's the recommended way to collaborate with packages/provenpackagers?
Someone's personal fork on src.fedoraproject.org with a branch with a
wide-open ACL?

Thanks,
Florian