memtest86plus v6.00

Earlier discussion:
https://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg169800.html

Current memtest86+ 5.x requires non-UEFI, which makes it increasingly
irrelevant to modern hardware.  memtest86 forked into a proprietary
product some time ago.  However there is hope because upstream
memtest86+ 6.00 is (a) open source and (b) seems to work despite the
large warnings on the website:

https://memtest.org/

Note this new version is derived from pcmemtest mentioned in the
thread above which is only indirectly derived from memtest86+ 5.x and
removes some features.

So my question is are we planning to move to v6.00 in future?

I did attempt to build a Fedora RPM, but it basically involves
removing large sections of the existing RPM (eg. the downstream script
we add seems unnecessary now and the downstream README would need to
be completely rewritten).  It's probably only necessary to have
memtest.efi be installed as /boot/memtest.efi and although it won't
appear automatically in the grub menu, it can be accessed by a trivial
two line command.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v