Re: No more right click terminal

Nicholas Miell wrote

Well, no. Hosting servers would run WebDAV.
   Ever tried it?

   Can you say "support call?"

On paper WebDAV is great, but every WebDAV installation I've run has had problems.

Most of the windows clients, including the Win XP shell and the latest version of Dreamweaver, are real basket cases. On top of that, if you've got enough people using WebDAV that you 'benefit' from the locking, you'll regularly have somebody lock a file and then take off for patagonia and then I have to nuke all of the locks on that server because there's no (straightforward) way for me to clear just one lock as an adminstrator.