Re: No more right click terminal

Hi

One possible answer: So GNOME wants to be all things to the little people who don't know nor care to know? That's fine. This is open source. "$open_source == $freedom_of_choice;" . So, I will vote with my "feet", a.k.a. my choice of desktop. I use KDE.
KDE doesnt have a terminal in the desktop context menu either.

Maybe instead of trying to get the Fedora Development community to make GNOME what developers want it to be, there should be more choices made available. Adding fluxbox, blackbox, openbox & evilwm to the core distribution would not be difficult and would only take up less than 2MB on the CDs. Others (like Enlightenment and some of the cool new 3D desktop environments) could easily live in Extras. Why don't we look at providing more options for those who care? (Yes, I know some of them are already in Extras).
Its not about size. its about maintenance. Why do want everything but the kitchen sink in core itself?

Personally, I like having the "Open Terminal" context menu item by default; it's there for those who need it/know about it/like it.
Fedora core 5 would have a yum aware anaconda (http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/YumBackend) and will allow you to choose nautilus-open-terminal to do that from extras. Use kickstart if you want to automate this process for N number of systems. You have the choice.

regards
Rahul