Re: Ruby FTBFS due to "SHA-1 jump scare"

On 24. 08. 22 16:58, Alexander Sosedkin wrote:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 4:33 PM Alexander Sosedkin <asosedkin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 4:32 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 4:28 PM Alexander Sosedkin <asosedkin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 4:18 PM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alexander,

Would you mind to comment on your intentions with:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/crypto-policies/c/2f33ffcfa7192037f969c6a28e092aca767a1415?branch=rawhide

which just landed in Fedora and broke Ruby test suite (even more then it
was broken before):

https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/ruby

Although I know something like this was discussed and is already enabled
in c9s,

Yes, it was: [2], [3]

I am not aware that the associated change [1] would be approved
nor that you would send a warning that this is going to happen.

Wait, right. It was just the Forewarning1 [4] that was approved,
not the Forewarning2 one.

Am I missing something?

My intention was to break it right at the branch-off.
What do I do now? Just keep it as it is?
Revert, somehow initiate the approval early and unrevert once I have one?

I don't think keeping rawhide/f38 intentionally broken, even if you're
going to revert the brokenness in f38 after it branches off, is ever a
good idea.
Please revert the change and wait for the devel list and FESCo
discussion of the topic before implementing it again.

Ack, will do promptly. My bad.

Reverted in crypto-policies-20220824-2.git2187e9c.fc38,
sorry for the premature jump scare.

Hey Alexander,

In the meantime, have you considered doing this in Copr and rebuilding everything there, to have some statistics about impacted packages, before the change is discussed?

--
Miro Hrončok