Re: F37 side tag after branching point

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 1:16:00 PM CDT Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> We have a new R version sitting on a side tag (f37-build-side-55653)
> for a few weeks now, where packages are being rebuilt as time permits.

Can this perhaps be handled differently next time? I admit that I'm not
familiar with the R ecosystem, so the answer may be no. Side tags are not
meant to be open for this long. So far, this R rebuild has caused a lot of
problems (see "The R stack in Rawhide is on fire"). What are the issues that
prevent the rebuild from happening all at once? Can it be staged in COPR to
make sure nothing will break? Can the packages be built all at once with a
script?

> Unfortunately, F37 is not rawhide anymore, so the question is whether
> this side tag could be safely merged both in F37 and rawhide when it
> is ready.

I'll defer to the releng folks, but I think you should be able to merge the
sidetag normally through the Bodhi interface, though it will be for f37 and
not rawhide. You'll have to rebuild everything in rawhide.

--
Thanks,

Maxwell G (@gotmax23)
Pronouns: He/Him/His