Re: Process to remove "abandoned" packages?

On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 5:30 PM Mattia Verga via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Il 09/08/22 13:21, Miro Hrončok ha scritto:
> > On 09. 08. 22 13:06, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> >> You can't retire package with provenpackager powers. If that was possible, I'd
> >> probably do that.
> > Actually, you can.
> >
> Yep, you can, but then the package will be in a "weird" state. I've
> actually retired a few packages on behalf of the former maintainer, but
> now the packages are retired but not orphaned and only the maintainer
> can orphan them (or I should file a ticket).

That is not a weird state at all, but the intended outcome.
Just because a package will be removed from rawhide (and / or
branched) does not mean that the maintainer does not want to continue
maintaining it in stable branches.

We already have a policy that orphans packages that are retired on
*all branches*, which seems to be what you want.
But orphaning a package that is retired in rawhide but still
maintained in stable branches ... not an intended outcome, in my
opinion.

> BTW, it would be nice if the package list in src.fp.o could be filtered
> out of retired packages so that users can focus on current owned
> packages. Or, maybe, users should be able to remove themselves from
> commit/collaborator rights (actually only admins can add / remove users
> and groups).

Fabio