Re: Python 3.11 final release might be delayed to December

On 07. 07. 22 15:56, Fabio Valentini wrote:
Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 3:38 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 05. 07. 22 13:17, Miro Hrončok wrote:
Hello,
forwarding this  message to Fedora.

Will know more by the end of this week -- we might need to consider reverting
back to Python 3.10 if we don't want to ship Fedora 37 GA with a beta version
of Python :(

Fedora 37 mass rebuild is planned for 2022-07-20 -- I will make sure we know
what to do by then.

Too bad we haven't known this before we started the 3.11 mass rebuild :/

I've opened a FESCo issue: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2825

Not to pollute the FESco ticket with questions, I'm asking here:

Would it be possible to delay further progress of the F37 release
process (not covered by options 1-3), at least until we know what will
happen with Python 3.11's release schedule?

What do you mean by "delay further progress of the F37 release process"?

I assume that we will know more by the end of this week or very early next. The options in the ticket would only matter if the release is indeed postponed.

I'd rather not make any
hasty actions that we could regret later, or that could cause much
more work for you Python guys later on, but I'd still like F37 to ship
with an up-to-date Python.

Waiting for branching would hopefully give us more up to date information about upstream release plans.

--
Miro Hrončok