Re: You can't be serious! you want to remove mesa-libGL.i686 support?

On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 at 23:15, Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > Hyperbole aside, it isn't a joke. Looking at the chain we see a common
> > problem where subversion relies on java-11-openjdk and without it is going
> > to cause a lot of packages to be removed. Either subversion needs to lose
> > that requirement or a lot of packages are going to get removed as failure
> > to build in i686.
> >
> > libglvnd-glx<-mesa-libGL<-libxcb<-doxygen<-git<-subversion<-java-11-
> openjdk-devel
> >
> > This email isn't a comment about it being a good or bad thing.. it is just
> > what is being presented.
>
> I do not see why bogus "bug" reports are filed against a bazillion packages
> when subversion is the only package that needs to be fixed.

In fact just one subpackage of subversion, subversion-javahl.

All the packages (like git) that depend on the main subversion package
are completely unaffected if the subversion-javahl subpackage goes
away on i686.

And even for git, only the git-svn.noarch subpackage has
Requires:subversion. The git package does have
BuildRequires:subversion for the tests but again, it's not the
subversion-javahl subpackage, and will be completely unaffected by
updates to remove subversion-javahl on i686.

AFAICT nothing depends on subversion-javahl and so nothing will be
affected by removing it on i686, and so no packages need to care about
the change to subversion that is already in rawhide.