Re: Unresponsive maintainer: Alex Chernyakhovsky

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 2:30 PM Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 29/06/2022 21:06, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > Maintainers are custodians and do not own the package.
>
> This becomes true with the new EPEL policy. I think it should be
> revisited to follow Fedora's non-responsive maintainer procedure with an
> explicit FESCo approval on a case-by-case basis.

It was true before the EPEL stalled policy.  Fedora is all of our
distribution.  No one owns packages, we maintain them.

Requiring FESCo sign off for this on every package would significantly
hamper EPEL growth.  We're not going to do that.

The origin of this policy is that the full unresponsive maintainer
process is overkill for getting a package added to EPEL.  Maintainer1
shouldn't have to suggest that all of maintainer2's packages be
orphaned or assigned to themselves in order to be added as a
collaborator on an EPEL branch.

If you don't like the policy, then you can avoid it simply by handling
EPEL branch requests promptly (faster than 3 weeks).

> --
> Sincerely,
>    Vitaly Zaitsev (vitaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Carl George