Re: No more right click terminal

Tyler Larson wrote:

I personally think that removing the terminal from the context menu is the correct thing to do (it should have stayed on the panel with the other launchers--and it sure as hell better go back). Still, my initial reaction was mild outrage--it felt like yet another personal attack against me. Another "you don't belong here" message from GNOME. I certainly understand why others were angry.

   Yeah,  a launcher on the panel would be nice too.

   There are three things I use Gnome for

* launching terminals
* shutting the computer down
* setting the audio volume

Open Office? Evolution? Give me a break. I'd personally be happy with a radically simplified interface: a button to launch a terminal, a button to shut the computer down, and a slider to adjust audio volume.