Re: Media codecs big SONAME bump

On 6/20/22 13:08, Robert-André Mauchin wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am planning a soname bump of various media codecs I take care of. In order to minimize the rebuilds, all are going through in a single update.

The codecs I plan to bump are the following:

  - AOM
  - libavif
  - dav1d
  - rav1e
  - svt-av1
  - jpegxl

Many of you will be affected by these changes.

Fedora side we have:

gd <- priority because of graphviz/doxygen connection (libavif bump)
baresip (aom bump)
darktable (libavif bump)
efl (libavif bump)
ffmpeg (aom, dav1d, rav1e, svt-av1 bump)
geeqie (jpegxl bump)
gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free (aom bump)
gthumb (jpegxl bump)
kf5-kimageformats (libavif bump)
plasma-wallpapers-dynamic (libavif bump)
seamonkey  (aom, dav1d, jpegxl bump)
vips (jpegxl bump)

I can take care of these one as a PP, but since the whole thing is happening in a side tag (f37-build-side-54562), I would ask you to please refrain to update these packages until the side tag is merged.

So the packages have been rebuilt in a side tag, and I'm about to merge that side tag (f37-build-side-54562).

–> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-a778fab5d7

RPMFusion side, the following packages are affected:

HandBrake (dav1d bump)
avidemux (aom bump)
cinelerra-gg (aom, libavif bump)
compat-ffmpeg4 (aom, dav1d, rav1e, svt-av1 bump)
ffmpeg (aom, dav1d, rav1e, svt-av1 bump)
kodi (dav1d bump)
libheif (dav1d, rav1e, jpegxl bump)
vlc (aom, dav1d bump)
xine-lib (aom, dav1d, jpegxl bump)

I would like to have RPMFusion maintainers help to be able to update them in a RPMFusion side tag too. I will specify to you when the Fedora side tag has been merged.

*** RPMFusion Team: ***

Once the Fedora side tag is merged, the following builds should be buildroot overrided in RPMFusion:

libavif-0.10.1-1.fc37
dav1d-1.0.0-1.fc37
svt-av1-1.1.0-1.fc37
rust-rav1e-0.5.1-1.fc37
aom-3.4.0-1.fc37
jpegxl-0.7.0~pre1-0.1.0~sonamebump.fc37
highway-0.17.0-1.fc37

I don't think I can create a side tag by myself on RPMFusion, so I'd like to ask for one please.

I have already prepared the bumpspec, all I need is to push them as a PP, then use the provided side-tag to rebuild them.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Robert-André (eclipseo)