Re: No more right click terminal

Paul A Houle wrote:

A general complaint I've had about 'desktop-oriented' Linux distributions is that the GUI tries to push people into half-baked GUI apps and discourage people from opening a terminal window, which is usually easier to use because there are fewer bugs in the command line programs -- I've got an older machine where my usual way of getting an xterm is Alt-F2 "xterm".

You can run 'bash' or even just 'sh' in a terminal from Alt-F2.

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade the run command window to have a proper shell (complete with command history). Then you could switch from the run-command window to a gnome terminal in one GUI step. Also the run-command window could have a working directory, and the gnome terminals that appear could have a predictable working directory (currently they seem to inherit the working directory from a previous window).

Which source rpm does the run command dialog come from?

-Cam

--
camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 <--