Re: A quick look at the yum mirrorlists

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 19:20 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

How many are using ppc ? I didn't had much space until a few hours ago
to add it, but I'm still pondering the effectiveness of the use of the
disk space. Apparently I'm not the only one,

I use Fedora on PPC - but I'm the only one (outside of fedora user
lists) that I personally know of.

Most ppc people I know use YellowDog or gentoo.

I will be migrating my YDL machines to FC4 PPC.

1)
I use FC on x86, so using same on PPC makes sense
2)
YDL security updates are slow to appear or missing in many cases
3)
I already compile SRPMS of FC on YDL installs for some apps/features

Over the years I've migrated some machines MkLinux->LinuxPPC->YDL, why not FC too ;)

which will be shrinking now that
Apple has committed to Intel.

Interesting question, is FC on PPC likely to suffer the same as ia64 and SPARC?
Or superseded by ppc64?

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265