Re: F37 proposal: Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib (System-Wide Change proposal)

Once upon a time, Stephen Snow <s40w5s@xxxxxxxxx> said:
> Once upon a time On Tue, 2022-05-17 at 10:29 -0500, Chris Adams
> wrote:(snip unrelated) ...
> > In this thread it was claimed (I believe by a packager) that TCK is
> > important to Java users, but I haven't seen any users say that.
> >
> > I'm not a Java user... I had never heard of TCK.  I just went
> > searching,
> > and I don't see anything right off that shows that Fedora's OpenJDK
> > is
> > certified in any way.  How would I even know?
> >
> Below is the link to the JCK/TCK and to be able to use the OpenJDK name
> you must sign the agreement and then you get access to the JCK which is
> the certification test API. Then you get to run certification tests for
> every build, if I read the agreement correctly.
> https://openjdk.java.net/groups/conformance/JckAccess/

That's a list of organizations that have signed the agreement (which
notably for this discussion, does not include Fedora).  I don't see a
list of "passed the test", nor do I see something on the Fedora packages
that says "passed the test".  The claim was made that this test is
important for Java users, yet I can't find any indication that Fedora's
(or anybody's for that matter) pass it.

Testing is great and important, but saying that users care about the
results of the testing is hard to understand when the test results
appear to be undocumented.

--
Chris Adams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>