BIOS boot - an alternative approach

I'm not a Fedora developer, just a long time interested user, so take
this for what it's worth.  I'd like to suggest an alternative approach
to the BIOS boot (and potentially other similar boot issues), or at
least suggest that this approach be discussed.

Basically, I suggest that Fedora stop worrying about BIOS boot or other
"weird" boot configurations.  Instead, provide a truly manual
installation path where all boot and storage configuration is the
responsibility of the user.

This would include:

* Installing and configuring the boot loader.

* Updating the boot loader configuration when new kernels are installed
  (although anyone who desires should obviously be free to contribute
  packages that automate this for particular boot loaders).

* All storage configuration - creating partitions, RAID devices, logical
  volumes, etc.  (I.e. the Fedora wouldn't perform any sort of discovery
  of storage devices; the user would be responsible for selecting
  devices that already exist in /proc/partitions.)

* Booting *something* that can run the Fedora installer.

AFAIK, it's still possible to skip boot loader installation during
Fedora installation, and the live media installation path exists, so I
believe that the main work here would be to package the installer and
its associated runtimes, libraries, etc. into some sort of self-
contained package that is as independent as possible from the OS on
which it is running.

Not only would this provide a path for BIOS boot, and similar issues,
but it would also support other complex configurations.  (I can't even
count the number of Anaconda crashes I had back in the day with LVM on
MD-RAID.)

As I said, I'm not a Fedora developer, but I see this approach as
potentially eliminating a lot of work and increasing Fedora's
"flexibility" over the long term.

OK, now tear this apart.  :-)