Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

Hi,

Brian C. Lane wrote:
> https://bcl.fedorapeople.org/boot-grub2-f36.iso
> [...]
> I have not tested it on CD or DVD physical media.

I can confirm that it boots to a GRUB 2.06 menu via real iron EFI from
real plastic DVD+RW.
The menu offers me to install Fedora 36. So the boot lures for EFI from
optical media continue to work after the layout change.

The medium type should not matter. Every readable optical medium is
supposed to work the same at boot time.

Regrettably my old test machine with only legacy BIOS is currently
lacking components, which serve at other places. So i cannot yet test
that boot path from DVD.
The report of Brian C. Lane that it works with "qemu bios -cdrom" gives
hope that it will work with real iron and plastic, too. Other than OVMF
SeaBIOS is not known of not distinguishing CD-ROM and HDD.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas